Immediately follow these steps if you smell propane:
- NO FLAMES OR SPARKS Immediately put out all smoking materials and other open flames. Do not operate lights, appliances, electrical switches, telephones, or cell phones.
- LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY Get everyone out of the building or area where you suspect a leak.
- SHUT OFF THE GAS Turn off the main gas supply valve on your propane tank if it is safe to do so. To close the valve, turn it to the right (clockwise).
- REPORT THE LEAK Call from a neighbor's home or other nearby building away from the gas leak, call us right away. If you can't reach us, call 911 or your local fire department.
- DO NOT RETURN TO THE BUILDING OR AREA Wait until a professional determines that it is safe to do so.
- GET YOUR SYSTEM CHECKED Before you attempt to use any of your propane appliances, your propane retailer or a qualified service technician must check your entire system to ensure that it is leak free.
Let us know if you have any questions or if you would like a free scratch-n-sniff brochure.